Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I freeze a cream cheese based spread?

Main ingredients are cream cheese, cheddar cheese and beer. My sister told me to double this and now I'm stuck with too much left over.Can I freeze a cream cheese based spread?
I'd say No...





Q: Can I freeze cream cheese?





A: We do not recommend freezing cheese that will be used for spreading due to a possible change in its texture; it may become curdled in appearance and have a crumbly texture. Regular brick cream cheese can be frozen up to 2 months for use as an ingredient in recipes.


http://kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=contac鈥?/a>Can I freeze a cream cheese based spread?
Yes, you can freeze it. Just be sure to wrap it well in plastic and then foil.
It is not recommended to freeze cream cheese that will be used for spreading due to a possible change in its texture,


it may become curdled in appearance and have a crumbly texture.


Regular brick cream cheese can be frozen up to 2 months for use as an ingredient in recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment