Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do I make a white wine and cream sauce without the cream churning?

I heard that as long as one of those two ingredient is of opposinte temperature from the other, then it will effectively prevent the churning of a dairy product when in contact with an acidic (in this case the white wine) ingredient. However, when I tried this approche, I ended up with alot of clumps in my sauce. Please help!!How do I make a white wine and cream sauce without the cream churning?
Well...this is really generic but I like it. I use for a cream sauce, a can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup of milk and a 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.How do I make a white wine and cream sauce without the cream churning?
I do not know! I don't even know how to cook
make the cream suace a little thicker than necessary. Thin it out with the winr to desired consistency.
dissolve a little bit of corn starch in the milk or cream while cold, then heat verrrry carefully to a very slow boil, at which point the starch changes to gel. then stir in the wine slowly. this also works well for cheese sauces.
dont bring it back to a boil after you add the cream. This will prevent the sauce from breaking.
Add the cream towards the end of the cooking and don't let it boil. By boiling the sauce with the cream, it will separate your sauce which will cause it to be lumpy.
Heres what you want to do





2 tablespoons butter


4 teaspoons minced shallots


1/2 cup white wine


1 pint heavy cream


2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley


1/4 teaspoon salt


Salt and pepper to taste


Melt butter in large saut茅 pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saut茅 1 minute.


Add wine and cream; cook 12 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.


Add salt and parsley. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to serving bowl.


***Note: If you prepare sauce ahead and refrigerate, it will need to be reheated. Warm 2 ounces of cream in a saucepan and bring to simmer. Then add refrigerated cream sauce by whisking in slowly. Continue whisking until hot and bubbly; add 1 tablespoon butter to finish.
  • microsoft project
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment