Thursday, December 31, 2009

Has anyone made a cream pie out of canned pudding? Should I thicken the pudding, for it to hold shape?

I'm planning on using a graham craker crust, and maybe using fruit on top.Has anyone made a cream pie out of canned pudding? Should I thicken the pudding, for it to hold shape?
Yes, you can use canned pudding. You would have to keep it really cold to have it hold shape. The only other thing you could do is heat the pudding in a pan, add corn starch, cook it long enough to thicken it, pour it into the pie shell and refrigerate.





Good luck!Has anyone made a cream pie out of canned pudding? Should I thicken the pudding, for it to hold shape?
Thicken the pudding with eggs and bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes or alternatively add cornflour and cook it on the stove top to thicken it. Graham crackers do very well for the crust.


Good luck with your pie
Well my husband and I are not huge lemon fans, but this lemon pie that I make is soooooooo good. My son loves it, my mom, my neighbors, grandparents, everybody. It doesn't have canned pudding but condensed milk. Here it is:





You Need


Graham Cracker crust (I prefer Honey Maid-it holds well)


1 can of eagle brand sweetened condensed milk


1/2 cup of lemon juice


Three egg yolks


Cool Whip





Beat egg yolks. Add condensed milk, stir till it is mixed well. Add half of the lemon juice-stir it in. Then add the other half of the lemon juice until it is mixed well. (It's just easier that way) Pour into your pie crust. Place in preheated 325 degree oven for about 30 min or until it sets. Chill for at least three hours. Then spread on the cool whip (cool whip must be thawed of course). You can add some lemon zest on top if you'd like. Yummy, Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment