Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I put whipping cream in a freezer?

My whipping cream curdled, I scooped some and tasted it and it is still good. Can I still use it? The expire date is another 5 months.





It has to be consumed in three days after opened.Can I put whipping cream in a freezer?
Nope, sorry, you can't. The ';curdling' you're referring to may be butter fat that's come to the surface (especially if it doesn't taste sour). If you purchase whipping cream that expires in 5 months, then you must have gotten some that was ultra pasteurized, although doubtful that it will keep that long. Freezing will create a sour taste in the cream and it will not reconstitute well.Can I put whipping cream in a freezer?
yea it will be fine in the freezer, thats what we always do with ours
Yes , you can put it into the freezer and then use it but in limited ways.


Try adding it to a curry sauce (eg.butter chicken) or to a marinade or into a pasta dish (eg.pasta Alfredo or even a simple mac and cheese.)


No one will ever know!


Just don't use it in a desert or as a topping .
No, don't do it.
It is like cool whip, then yes... But the bottle type no...


If its like Riches qt. carton yes you can...
yes but not for weeks 'cause then it'll go bad.
Is it real whipping cream? if so NO


Is it cool whip - yes, I do it alllllll the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment