Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I use yogurt to substitute for heavy cream to make whipped cream?

I wanted to make whipped cream, but I don't have heavy cream, so I was wondering if I could use yogurt. Would it be the same?Can I use yogurt to substitute for heavy cream to make whipped cream?
Two things. Yogurt is too thick to be whipped, and yogurt is thicker because it has more enzymes and more milk-based liquids than cream. So no. Don't try it unless you want goop.Can I use yogurt to substitute for heavy cream to make whipped cream?
Only cream makes whipped cream. You can make a yogurt whip by whipping partially set jello or gelatin into yogurt but that will still not substitute for whipped cream.





I keep Dream Whip packets in my pantry for times when I need whipped cream and only have milk.
No I don't think it would be the same. I have never heard of someone whipping yogurt before but I guess you could always try it but I don't think it will work.
No, you can't ';whip'; yoghurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment