Thursday, December 31, 2009

How long can heavy cream stay at room temp before going bad?

I thought I had put away all the perishable groceries, only to find two hours later that the heavy cream I bought was still in the bag. It was not warm, but barely cold. Is it bad? I was going to use it in a easy chocolate mousse recipe with my kids, but don;t want anyone to get sick. Is it okay to use or should I throw it out?How long can heavy cream stay at room temp before going bad?
It will be fine, especially since the container hasn't been opened.How long can heavy cream stay at room temp before going bad?
its probably okay. Bring the cream to temp it should be, be when its @41f, taste it or pour it out and see what it looks like. If it was ultra pasteurized, it has a longer shelf life.

No comments:

Post a Comment