Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is the best cream for after radiation irritation?

Treatment just began 3 days ago. The area is irritated oviously. There is so many products out there but what is the best?What is the best cream for after radiation irritation?
My radiologist recommended aquaphor and to keep the area moist with it at all time. I had breast cancer and ended up not wearing a bra for a while but the aquaphor sure helped.What is the best cream for after radiation irritation?
I'd tell you the name if I didn't have chemobrain at the time and forgot it....it was this cream, and it had a purple cap and a white bottle and a square logo on the front with orange and purple and yellow...I'm sorry I can't be more helpful than that, but I truly forgot most of the meds I was on!
Radialgel also works well after treatments. Ask you radiologist for it and they will sure give you some. It helps to sooth and cool the skin and helps to keep it from getting blistered after weeks of prolonged radiation exposure. Good luck.
Look on www.after-cancer.com for info on Aloe Vera and also a spray by Evolife - both work extremely well with mine and others radiotherapy problems. Lots more info there which also might be of help during treatment.





Good luck





Verite R
my wife used Biofine, it is a prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment