Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Can I add cream cheese and half and half to regular marinara sauce to make a cream tomatoe sauce?

Here's a way to make your own from scratch, but if you want a quick fix I've added one container Alfredo and one container Marinara.





INGREDIENTS





* 2 tablespoons olive oil


* 1 onion, diced


* 1 clove garlic, minced


* 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained


* 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves


* 3/4 teaspoon white sugar


* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano


* 1/4 teaspoon salt


* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper


* 1/2 cup heavy cream


* 1 tablespoon butter








DIRECTIONS





1. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Make sure it doesn't burn. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and butter. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.Can I add cream cheese and half and half to regular marinara sauce to make a cream tomatoe sauce?
I have and liked it.Add a few more of your spices and not to heavy on the cream cheese or the half and half...Can I add cream cheese and half and half to regular marinara sauce to make a cream tomatoe sauce?
That would be good just add it at the end and don't boil it just heat it through. I'd take some of the tomato sauce out and blend it with the cream cheese before adding back to the main sauce. Extra black pepper too and maybe some vodka as the cream kinda dulls the tomato flavor
I don't think the cream cheese is the thing to add. If you want to make a nice parma rosa sauce, just mix about one part of that marinara with one part Alfredo sauce. YUM! Or you could just use a white sauce/bechamel/country gravy (without the sausage and black pepperI to add to the marinara. You might even just try adding the half and half, but I don't know about that cream cheese...ricotta, now THAT might work, or just some parmesan.
Yes, it will taste sooo rich. Enjoy!
I don't think the cream cheese will melt very well. And the half and half will make the sauce runny.
Ya, you can....actually that sounds delicious!!!! I think I may try it...you would just put the cream cheese in and let it melt, and add a little 1/2 %26amp; 1/2....ooooh, making my mouth water. I just looked up another recipe and they added vodka....
sounds like a winner, go for it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment