Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What kind of cream should I use to make chicken fettuccine Alfredo sauce?

I have brought 250ml of thick cream already, but saw on a website that I should use Single Cream. should I lighten the cream with water or is it ok to use thick cream instead?What kind of cream should I use to make chicken fettuccine Alfredo sauce?
Yes , you cam use the thick cream !





1 pint heavy cream


1 stick of butter


2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese


1/2 - 3/4 C. Parmesan cheese


1 tsp. Garlic powder





In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic powder. Simmer this for 15 - 20 minutes on low. You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper. I have done this with half and half, but we prefer the heavy cream. But I wouldn't try it with plain milk. let the sauce simmer about an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment