Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Can I substitute cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom in green bean casserole?

For Easter I am wanting to make green bean casserole for dinner. And no one in my family likes cream of mushroom soup. So instead of Cream of Mush can I use Cream of Chicken Instead. And if so, do I follow the same recipe?Can I substitute cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom in green bean casserole?
You can use any ';cream of...'; soup with a green bean casserole. I like adding bacon bits to my green bean casserole used with cream of chicken soup. Just follow the same basic recipe...Can I substitute cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom in green bean casserole?
Yes, I have on many occasions, and it takes just as good or maybe better.


Just follow the same recipe, and it will be fine.
yes, follow the same recipe...... cooking is an art...... you should always cook with the foods YOU (and your guests) like. That's what is sooooooo fun with cooking. Alterations are the key. Good Luck and Happy Easter!! :o)
I always do and I personaly think it taste better because of the chicken and the green beans toghter.
Well, you are messing with a classic. Of course it will be fine. But not the classic dish any more.
Yes, those cream soups are interchangeable for each other in casseroles! I never buy Cream of Mushroom, b/c those little black flecks in it gross me out. I usually use cream of chicken or cream of celery.
Yes. in casserole recipes as long as it's a 'cream of...' something soup, itll work. i like cream of celery.
yes and it is good:)
YES...and many more...try Broccoli/cheddar..or if you can find it...cream of shrimp. (you might have to ask your grocer to order that one.





get crazy!....none of the ';picky'; eaters will die!
Yes definitely. Anything that is cream of something would work in casseroles. It would probably taste wonderful with the green beans and french fried onions.
of course ... or cream of celery, broccoli, potato, or whatever
I am in agreement with the other posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment