Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How often should you use permethrin 5% cream for scabies?

I've applied two treatments one week apart, and my skin improved but has now taken a turn for the worse again. I applied two more treatments this week and revacuumed/washed everything. I've had scabies for 4-5 months now; is this common to have to repeat this much and in using it so frequently does this inhibit the cream's ability to kill the mites?How often should you use permethrin 5% cream for scabies?
The cream will do nothing but kill the eggs. As bad as it sounds, when I had scabies I slept on a recliner and washed it daily until I knew I was clean. The permethrin worked for me the first time and I belive I was on the 3rd egg cycle so I think you might be not sterilizing in the best ways. Good Luck, I feel your pain...if it makes you feel any better look up the history of scabies. It used to be called the 7 year itch before proper medicine....I could only imagine back in those days...How often should you use permethrin 5% cream for scabies?
In UK we use malathion. one single application. however the itchiness can go on a bit for which we use crotamiton cream for a few days,


that's all that's recommended
1)look for scabies in close contacts at home or at workplace


2)Sometimes palm soles or missed while applying the drug where scabis can present as a single papule
If you still have it after what sounds like appropriate treatment with permethrin, then you may need to discuss an alternative treatment with your doctor or pharmacist.





Permethrin is the recommended first line treatment for most people, but some strains of scabies are now becoming resistant to this, and you may need to use an oral treatment such as invermectin, or another scabicide such as lindane. I would seek advice from your health professional before trying either of these two options.





http://www.cdc.gov/STD/treatment/2006/ec鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment