Friday, December 18, 2009

I used to make some creamed potatoes with some sort of whipping cream?

I want to say they had flour in them too but I am not sure. I lost the recipe. Does anyone have one similar to this description?I used to make some creamed potatoes with some sort of whipping cream?
Creamed Potatoes





1 1/2 lbs potatoes


2 tablespoons butter or margarine


1 cup milk


1/2 cup cream


1 teaspoon salt


1/3 cup finely chopped dill





Boil the potatoes in the skin.


Let cool and peel, cut in half.


Melt butter (margarine) in a pan and briefly saute the potatoes.


Pour over milk and cream and add salt.


Cover and cook gently for appr 10 minutes (until it thickens).


Add dill, gently mix.I used to make some creamed potatoes with some sort of whipping cream?
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes





3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes or yukon golds(these are the best)


16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half or cream,or less


6 cloves garlic, crushed,I saute the garlic


2 tablespoons kosher salt T/T


6 ounces grated Parmesan opt.


melted butter





Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.


Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.





Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture, salt, and Parmesan; stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.





I usually add sauted onions.For a change you can add fried bacon pieces,mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
Sounds like what I call Scalloped Potatoes. They have a white sauce made with butter, flour and milk or cream.





I don't know exact amounts anymore since I cook mostly by sight now. (Been doing it so long I don't use many recipes).





Try this...





3-4 medium potatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick


1/4 cup butter or margarine (not that ';spread';)


3 Tblsp flour


1-1/2 cups milk or cream (I use evaporated milk and if needed I add some water)


salt and pepper.





Parboil the potatoes, drain and put in a casserole dish. Melt butter in a saucepan or skillet. Stir flour, salt and pepper into butter and cook slowly for about 2 minutes. Add milk slowly, stirring with a whisk until desired consistency is achieved. Remember, the sauce will thicken during baking. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and bake at 350 until potatoes are tender.
Was it potatoes au gratin? Those include heavy cream and a pinch of flour (the recipe I use, anyway)
  • microsoft project
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment