Friday, December 18, 2009

PLEEASEEE HELP ASAP!! Is it harmful to use permethrin cream for scabies, if you also have genital herpes?

There's a case of scabies going around my house, and everyone has been treated but my boyfriend. He's been out of town the past two days so hasn't yet been treated. My doctor prescribed me and my family permethrin cream. Well, my boyfriend also has genital herpes, so would it harm him to use that cream?PLEEASEEE HELP ASAP!! Is it harmful to use permethrin cream for scabies, if you also have genital herpes?
It might if he uses that cream. It could react with his medication (if he's taking any) and or make the out breaks worse. It's best to keep genital herpes out breaks clean and dry to help heal them up faster. Also if he is on suppressive medication that will also help heal them and help prevent him from spreading the virus to you.


Just do not have sex until the scabies have been treated. If you boy friend has an out break wait until it goes away completely before having any kind of sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment