Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How can I whip cream and keep the whipped cream nice for several hours until dessert time?

I have 20-25 people for Thanksgiving dinner. Because my house is small, we eat buffet style and set up tables in several rooms. By the time I get to eat, the guys are usually finished and before we can stack the dirty dishes, they're ready for pie. It always takes a while to get the cream whipped (we are traditionalists so must have real fresh whipped cream). How can I whip the cream before dinner and still have nice stiff whipped cream several hours later?How can I whip cream and keep the whipped cream nice for several hours until dessert time?
set the bowl of it on another bowl filled with ice, cover with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. take it out of the ice bowl and onto the counter about 10 minutes before serving.How can I whip cream and keep the whipped cream nice for several hours until dessert time?
Cream of tartar
Being by myself and wanting whipped cream from time to time I am not about to do it bit by bit. So I whip it a bit stiffer than usual and keep it in a plastic container. It will keep a few days that way. And it is ready and waiting when I want it.
PUT IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR WITH PLASTIC WRAP ON TOP IT SHOULD WORK!!!
place in a food strainer over a large bowl in fridge . will keep for a 2 - 3 days
You can whip the cream with powdered sugar.that's helps to hold the cream up nicely. You can also keep your whipped cream firmer by adding a packet of dissolved unflavored gelatin. Once the gelatin is in liquid form and cool.fold it into your already whipped cream. This is really a big help in holding the texture of the cream without changing the taste. Good Luck and enjoy the holidays. : )
make sure you add soem iceing sugar when whippign cream so it 'holds'

No comments:

Post a Comment